Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall Market (not that one) Messing Up, and The King (not that one)

My parents and I went to a local outdoor fall market.  What are those freakish prickly things?  They do not look edible.

Other than the prickly things, the colors for fall foods are beautiful.

Do you see a quilt in here?  The colors play so well together.

Slow week.  Pulled fabrics for the Teal We Meet Again Swap.  These ladies are rocking - some already have blocks made, and it's only been a week since the group formed.  I feel behind the curve just posting my fabric pulls.

I did get something done, Liz's blocks for Quiltworkers group.  Love how these play together.  I forget how much play you get out of a four patch and  half square triangles. And the colors are stunning.

I love when someone picks the Mod Mosaic block.  Aqua and Orange Bee for Cassey, her last bee choice was a circle torture which I screwed up so I was happy to give her something that looks like I know what I'm doing.

This is what happens when you sew and there are bits and pieces all over the sewing table.  Happens often.  Should clean more.  Not.

Um, I met Stephen King at the George Mason University Book awards.  Who looks more excited?  My face froze like that.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look almost as excited as when you met Kaffe!

Leanne said...

No way - Stephen King! I am so jealous, lucky you! Your mosaic block is lovely too!

Sarah said...

What was he like? I'm afraid I would've turned into some strange stalker if I'd been in the same room as me :)

I love the brutal honesty of what happens when you have a messy sewing table (Something similar happened to me) and your don't give a stuff attitude made me laugh coffee out of my nose!