Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

In honor of Lily

I have been talking about this quilt for a few months now.  It is on it's way to a special family, wrapped up, weather protected, insured, sign for delivery. 

Ever have something happen that sends you reeling and makes you re-evaluate everything?  You want to comfort but there are no words? 

I first quilted from the back, around the large dresden plates, this showed up on the front fabulously.  I love the way Kona  krinkles after washing.

My hope is that this family will use this quilt with their two daughters, for snuggling, reading, when they're sick, for a picnic, anytime.  And be reminded of the specialness, the uniqueness of each and every life we are granted to steward.

Our lives are like Quilts, bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

For Madison - A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

For Alexa - Those who sleep under a quilt sleep under a blanket of love.

Listen for my footfall in your heart, I am not gone, but merely walk within you.


Snawder Sherbet Peeps 2011

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, I saw this on Quiltstory and I had to come over and tell you. I love this quilt and I love this story. You told it amazingly. I have tears in my eyes! Beautiful!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift from you to this family...truly a gift from the heart....I understand the impact this will make on the family as my daughter lost a baby at birth a year ago....this just really touched my heart and I know that this family will feel the love as they cuddle beneath this memory quilt.

Leanne said...

Such a beautiful quilt, I am sure it will bring comfort and warmth!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Such a special, special gift and I know they will treasure that quilt forever. You are such a good friend and I imagine that this brings them as much comfort as anything could.