Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Design Seeds

Patterned Hues
There is a wonderful website called Design Seeds by Jessica.  On this site is a virtual chocolate cheesecake with strawberries, whipped topping, and hot sauce of color combinations to inspire you.  (Bonus, no calories!)

Tulip Color
All Color combinations that you could possiblly ever think of, Jessica has thought of first.  Yay for Jessica!  It's also just eye candy if you are bored and want something else on the internet to absorb your time.  
Critter Color
You can search by theme - for example I chose Autumn, and here is one that appealed to me.

Nature Fresh Hues
I'm in a new group on Flickr Quilt Around the World II, what can I say, I'm always stalking new groups to join.  This is the color palette I'm going to work with for my quilt top, Nature Fresh Hues.  I printed out the photo and matched up the solids with  my Kona Color Chart.  I have Medium Grey, Charcoal, O.D. Green, Mango and Khaki.  I'm going to send out my color inspiration with my block when it gets sent on it's way Around the World and the group will be able to see where I'm coming from.  Sort of.  At least for this block.  

3 comments:

CaliQuilter said...

Mary, this color combination is so striking. Can't wait to see your starter block. I am already considering a block for you.....

Joan (CaliQuilter)

niveas said...

It's a great idea to send us the inspiration! Can't wait until I can start with your block ;))

heather said...

I can't wait to see your block.