Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Studio Sweetness

My sweet sweet husband has bought me a sewing chair.

This is what I have been sitting in for the last 14 years to sew.  14 years.  When I told him that, he said, 'Why?'
I had no answer - it was there, it fit, I just don't know.  It just wasn't something I thought about.  Sometimes my back would hurt or I would be stiff, but I didn't make any connections.  It isn't like he hasn't seen the folding chair before.  But he said 'Go get a chair.'



OK!

My NEW SEWING CHAIR.


Is that sweet or what?  

New chair means rearranging the whole room.  
My new sewing station.


Two days of moving these tables all over the room to get the right positions.
I had a very large cutting table in the attic.  I didn't have enough space in my last sewing room, so it was stored in the attic.  
I finally decided to bring it down.  The problem with having such a large cutting space is I tend to just clutter up the top.  
If there is a surface, cover it.

When he brought it down there was fabric in the cabinet portion of the table.  I don't even know why, and apparently I didn't really need it because I never missed it.  There were two items that I had sort of missed, and it was nice to know where they are.  I cleaned everything up, and put all my solids in one area.  I know that this is a good place for them, I use them often, so I won't just shove the fabric in there and forget about it.


And I put the smaller solid pieces in the drawer.



Francine / Mochawhildchild on Flickr made me this Joel Dewberry wall hanging in a swap.  
I finally got that up on the wall - I really love it, because she knew I love Joel Dewberry and it matches the wall perfectly.  Also because I've been in numerous bees and swaps with her.  (The wall hanging on the left is from another swap.)


I have a lot of wall space to fill, I'm slow to get things up there.  

I hoard some of my sewing supplies, like plastic bags.  I can't stand throwing them out to a landfill, so I keep them for sending out bee blocks or swap items.  They've just had fabric in them, so they are still good.


Now they are neat and together, I can find them.  I even threw out a couple that had been used a few times or were very small.



Soon, I might be able to show you my fabric closet.  That still needs work. 
I put away fabric and cleaned the floors.  My design wall is empty.  The only thing I didn't do in my sewing room this weekend was sew.
Also, apparently this chair is my birthday present (which isn't until next month)- wish I would have known that before shopping.  

The babies - still without names.  


6 comments:

Jenny Squawk said...

Good deal for the studio. A good chair is worth its weight in gold. As for bun names, how about cotton ball and q-tip?

Anonymous said...

your chair looks so comfortable! (and your sewing room looks like such a space to lose yourself in for hours on end! enjoy and happy birthday, Mary!

Francine said...

Uh oh Mary - hubby could've called your snazzy new red chair a Valentine's Day gift LOL. The sewing room looks fabulous!

Ann said...

It certainly lookslokea wonderful place to create!
And I completely relate to your BVS-syndrom (Bare Vertical Surface), lol.

A Typical Woman said...

Where did you find that chair?

Leanne said...

I love your sewing room and a good chair is critical. You will likely notice the difference right away.