Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIP & A Year & Bees

I keep forgetting to link up with A Lovely Year of Finishes by putting it off until the last day, then not having time.  So here I am a whole day ahead of schedule LINKING up.  

We must state our finishing goal for March.  Mine is modest, so I make sure I get it done.
My goal for March is to complete the quilt for the Pantone Emerald Challenge.


I'm still at this point in piecing, so I have a ways to go - and less than two weeks to get there!  

Also linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday

This is what I'm WIP'ing (you'll notice it is NOT the Emerald one, sigh)


This was in a group of patterns on Flickr last year, only I never got around to  them - Sew Out Loud.  'Press On' is a paper piece pattern offered on Where The Orchids Grow.  I didn't do it quite correct - but I can live with it.  I added the script at the top, for a whimsy touch.


Mostly I am comfortable with paper piecing now - at least I don't break into a sweat and run screaming from the room.  Most of the time.  
I'm working on a few more paper piece blocks for another QAL that I got in on at the beginning.  
Forest QAL the first block is a woodpecker.  I'll see how it goes, there are a lot of pieces - for me, and some are tiny.  If you never see a woodpecker pop up on here, you'll know I had a melt down and spent the evening curled up around a  bottle of wine.  And chocolates.

I have a couple of bee blocks to get out, this is the last for the 4X5 group 


And this is a really awful picture of a block that really is much prettier in person.  



Keep Calm and Quilt On

No comments: