Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

Fresh Sew Day

Sometimes I like my previous month review and sometimes can't believe how little I accomplished in the sewing department. Those slow months must be the ones I don't link up.   For June, I feel good, when I looked back it was more than I thought!  


There was two SuperTotes (pattern by Noodlehead, downloadable) and two Divided Fabric Baskets (also by Noodlehead, downloadable), one baby quilt quilted and sent, one bee top quilted and waiting to be given, the binding on another finished quilt, bee blocks, and cutting for the Lucky Stars QAL on QuiltStory.  

You can click the highlighted words to take you to my posts about those finishes.  All three of the quilt finishes were tops I had previously put together, which made everything go faster, so I might do that more often.  

I haven't shown the photos for this Super Tote, I sent it off last week as a late birthday gift.  


I used a linen blend for the exterior.  


Installed a magnetic snap for the large exterior pocket.  I made the straps about an inch longer than the pattern calls for.


I added a sewn in pocket on one side for cell phone, pens, or other items you want to just reach in and grab.  I used the interior lining pattern piece, made it shorter for pocket size, fused with SF-101 so the inside of the pocket looks nice and stitched up two sections for pockets.


Recessed zipper.  My sister in law should get this today.  I hope she likes it as much as I like mine!  
I follow most of Noodlehead's suggestions with the directions, using Duck, SF-101 on the exterior pieces.  It makes a difference.  I so use a longer zipper for my totes, that is just a personal preference.  

I am linking up with Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sew Day.  If you are visiting for the first time, I hope you will take a look around.  You can find my photos on Flickr and Instagram.  I am FairlyMerry on both sites.  I hope to see you again!  




3 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

wow! you have so many great projects! I love the tote!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Leanne said...

You have had a beautiful month!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you certainly were productive! I also made a supertote in June...but that was almost all that I did!