Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

How old are some of your WIPs

I have some really old ones (WIPs) - I am a quilt topper queen.  I enjoy the part of acquiring fabric, cutting it, piecing it back together into something, and then storing it away until one day I can magically have those extra ten hours every day for quilting.  I have many many tops that await for me to designate them worthy of quilting time, and some are probably older than this one.  

I remodeled my kitchen in 2008 - so sometime before that, I started this tablecloth, I assembled the entire top.  And then it was put away.  


When we remodeled, we did away with a table and we have an island with a granite table attached.  No need for a tablecloth now, and it isn't rectangular,  so this tablecloth went into some pile for maybe getting to later, but really doesn't have a purpose anymore, so who knows what will happen.  Here is a photo of the newer granite table, this photo was after a hurricane and we had lost power, so I had set up in the kitchen to use the generator.



I ran across this unfinished tablecloth again while my immense closet clean out was happening.  I decided that I would finish this one off and use it for Thanksgiving, because the whole thing was together, I didn't want to waste all the work.  I set up a folding table for extra seating on Thanksgiving, and this would do for that table.


I backed it with flannel, no batting and grid stitched the entire top.  And the flannel I had bought way back when too, and was with the tablecloth when I pulled it out.  Sometimes, I actually have a plan, I just don't remember all the plans.

The tablecloth turned out nice, and was used on Thanksgiving, I don't have a photo of that, but I do have a day after photo, when someone was exploring the extra furniture in the room.

Bunny stamp of approval.

Keep Calm and Quilt On!
Mary

3 comments:

Leanne said...

It is a lovely tablecloth, it is nice that you were able to use it.

Jana said...

Love the tablecloth. It's perfect for Thanksgiving. Also love that you have old WIP's. Me too. One day I'll pull them out and maybe even take pics. The bunny is too cute.

Podunk Pretties said...

I saw a tablecloth at Bed bath and beyond pretty close to the one you made. Lovely!