Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Feathers Quilt

It's WIP (Work in Progress) Wednesday!  I could basically show you my entire sewing studio here, because I have so many WIPs going right now.  Bee blocks, divided baskets, quilts, binding, pouches, you name it, it's happening.  

Still working on some 'me' things, I hope to finish more of the 'me' pile and not just get these started.

I went in on the Feathers Quilt along, pattern by Alison Glass.  Alison has written fantastic instructions with this pattern, telling you how many pieces to cut and what size for each block.  This is a paper pieced pattern.  

I started with these fabrics, based on a Design Seeds palette.  I love Design Seeds for color inspiration!

I needed a large print for the background, and I decided on this, which went perfectly with my original colors.  I added a few more solids based on the print.  


I am so excited to use this fabric!  It is Lush Uptown by Erin Michael for Moda, and also solids, mostly Kona but some others in there too.  

Making Feathers:



 I and J were pretty tricky


My blocks so far, not in particular order.  


Of course, I didn't actually 'go along' on the 'quilt along', the schedule was not right for me at the time.  I'm happy to do these at my pace, and I still have blocks to make, but not as many as I have done already.  
I'm loving the colors and can't wait for this to be on my sofa.  Hoping for more time to work on this soon.  

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

Keep Calm and Quilt On!
Mary


3 comments:

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

The print fabric pulls your colors from your color pallet together perfectly! I look forward to seeing this quilt come together!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

This will be awesome :)

Leanne said...

This is going to be a fantastic version of this quilt. I love the colours you are using.