Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Finishing Touches

I admit it, I have a problem finishing projects.  Before I'm barely started with one, the next one is calling me out.  I have more ideas, fabric, drawings, patterns and tools that are waiting to be used.  
One of the reasons I like making bags, pillows, and minis is that they are projects that are finished quickly so my ADD doesn't kick into overdrive before I can get the small item finished.

One of the things I'm slow to do unless there is a deadline is the binding.  I had a quilt sit for 3 years with no binding.  Then when I added the binding it took all of about an hour (I usually machine bind).

This wall hanging just lacked the binding for 3 months, and then it was probably only finished because it was intended for my granddaughter's nursery and she was due to arrive.


I'm not one of those people who neatly roll their binding on to an old spool or something.  It just lays there in a puddle, waiting to be added




And voila it's finished, even added a label (another thing I often don't get to, but I'm trying to be better at)


And up on the nursery wall


The bed skirt matches the Elephant wall hanging


Nursery sewing I have to say, is quite rewarding.  I love to dress up the room with color

Keep Calm and Quilt On!
Mary








No comments: