Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2014

Fractal Quilt Block

I find so much inspiration on Instagram - I still go to Flickr occasionally, but IG is full of new ideas and swaps.  I just take a screenshot, and I can scroll through my photos later to pick a new pattern or fabric line or something to discuss with other sewists.  

And I found this one day


And I went straight to Craftsy to purchase this pattern.

There are two sizes you can make your block 12" or 16" - for my first one I went with the 16" size, as I wanted to make it into a mini quilt wallhanging.

Using Indelible and a few solids.  
This was one of my favorite lines that came out earlier in 2014


This is a paper pieced pattern, which sometimes creates road blocks when you can't quite figure out how large that next piece of fabric should be


Over two nights I completed the block - I just did not have a lot of sewing time available


I love how this one turned out!


I used two layers of batting in this one, I wanted the quilting to pop off the top.  Aurifil 40 wt was used in the quilting.  


Sadly (for me) this mini is off to it's new home as a swap gift.


Keep Calm and Quilt On!

Mary 






5 comments:

Gill said...

Fabulous Mary - I love it!

Ella said...

So love those colors and the design! Lucky partner!

LethargicLass said...

You are making me want to try this! It looks amazing!

Leanne said...

It's beautiful! Your partner is very lucky!

Shah Sazib said...

Wonderful fabric design. I love this design very much! I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.