Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Mini Spinning Star

I participated in a mini quilt swap hosted by a fellow quilter on Instagram. This swap was huge, over 500 participants worldwide. I had 50 swappers in the group I coordinated. 

Here is the mini I made and sent to my original partner 





One of the swappers wasn't able to send a mini so I stepped in to send one to her recipient so no one was left out. 
I settled on a paperpiece pattern by Kelly Orr, you can find her patterns on Payhip now. 


I used mostly Cotton and Strel fabrics. This is a 12 1/2" block. 
I added a couple of skinny borders. 





Now 'Spinning Star' has been shipped to its new owner. I won't lie - I really wanted to keep it! 

Mary 

1 comment:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

wow, both quilts are really gorgeous! Very nice of you to step in and do the angel block. I participated in the last round of that swap and I know a couple people wound up empty handed. So nice that you didn't allow that to happen!